At Corion, we have RI IMSI™ which is supplied with imaging and a digital zoom function that allows evaluation of sperm to be carried out at high magnification.
- IMSI - a new, improved technology in Infertility treatment
- Selection of sperm cells for IVF-ICSI by intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI)
- IMSI enables us to select morphologically normal sperm in a semen sample with maximum abnormal sperms.
- Selection of such sperms prior to ICSI reduces the chances of unexplained early abortions.
- Patients with more than 2 ICSI failures
- Patients where there is severe male factor abnormality e.g. severe oligoasthenospermia , normal sperm count but higher percentage of abnormal sperms , elderly male partners etc
- Recurrent first trimester aborters-here the conventional ICSI does succeed but results in early abortions
- Patients with prolonged Unexplained Infertility
- Couples experiencing recurrent IVF failures and/or recurrent biochemical pregnancies/miscarriages.
- The sperm in IMSI is magnified to 7000dpi
- High-magnification (7000dpi) with high contrast and high resolution results in selection of the normal sperms from large number of abnormal sperms
- IMSI displays chromatin compaction defects, which appear as holes inside the nucleus called 'vacuoles'.
- Selection of sperm without defects or those with fewer vacuoles increases rates of implantation/pregnancy, and reduces miscarriage rates.
- Once the best sperm has been selected, IMSI is carried out in exactly the same way as ICSI.